Every Lesson Counts
Pupil Progress =
One year of visible learning progress for one year of input, regardless of academic achievement when they begin.
School Improvement Plan
The full School Improvement Plan for 2018 - 2019 will be published during September.
School Improvement Plan 2018 – 2019
Summary of Priorities
- All pupils make one year of visible learning progress for one year of input, regardless of academic achievement when they begin.
- Ensure higher numbers of prior middle attaining pupils meet end of year Expected Standards.
- Increased number of children developing greater depth in different units of work.
- Vulnerable groups make rapid progress so that gaps are closing and they make one year of progress.
Teaching & Learning
- Consistently Good and Excellent Teaching ensures high-quality learning experiences with children meeting the higher demands of the National Curriculum.
- Mastery planning and delivery allows support/access and challenge for all pupils to meet appropriate Learning objectives and to deepen their learning.
- Skills, knowledge and understanding are developed alongside building resilience for pupils as independent learners.
- A manageable and meaningful assessment system which improves informs teaching in order to improve achievement.
- Planning and delivery of an exciting, stimulating curriculum which provides many “memorable moments” with appropriate differentiation and levels of challenge, developing resilience, independence and a range of skills, knowledge and understanding across the curriculum.
- Continuing to develop the evaluative role of Subject Leaders to ensure all areas of the curriculum develop opportunities for pupils to widen knowledge and engage in deeper learning opportunities across a range of subjects.
- Planning is assessment and challenge driven using a cycle of plan-do-review-evaluate.
- Learning opportunities promote an appreciation of diversity and people and communities beyond the children’s immediate experience
- Implementing Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018.
- Use of updated comprehensive Staff Safeguarding Guidance Folders.
- Continuous update and refreshers of staff training e.g. Prevent, Staff Code of Conduct, External audit/validation of Safeguarding.
- Developing the work of the Keeping Safe Guardians across the School alongside the Annual Safety/SMSCD planner.
See the full School Improvement Plan for specific and detailed Action Plans and outcomes.